Richland Center, WI: Richland County Economic Development Director, Jasen Glasbrenner stated, “with the increase in financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is recommended that individuals contact their lenders, creditors, or service providers and inform them of their situation during this emergent time. They may be able to offer a variety of options or solutions for you to consider, but you must reach out to them.” Below you will find some financial resources available for those in need:
- US Department of Agriculture: Check out the “COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide” online at https://www.rd.usda.gov/sites/default/files/USDA_COVID-19_Fed_Rural_Resource_Guide.pdf. These programs can support recovery efforts for rural residents, businesses and communities.
- UW Extension Office– Richland County: Call 608-647-6148 or check out https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/toughtimes/covid-19-financial-resources/ to learn more about “Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19”.
- Neighborhood Housing Services: Call 608-647-4949 ext. 307 to learn about the CDBG Emergency Rehabilitation Program. This program is only available for city residents, but may be able to assist with water, water heater, plumbing, furnace issues and other issues that may effect your health and safety.
- Capital Consortium: Call 1-888-794-5556 or check out online at access.wi.gov to learn about and apply for programs such as FoodShare, Medicaid and Child Care.
- Richland County Health and Human Services: Call 608-647-8821 or check out online at http://homeenergyplus.wi.gov/ to learn about and apply for Energy Assistance. The Aging & Disability Resource Center might also be able to help at 608-647-4616.
- Greater Richland Area Chamber of Commerce: Check out online at https://richlandsmallbizresource.wordpress.com/. There is information and local resource links for small business operators and customers.
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center: Check out online at https://wisconsinsbdc.org/services/covid-19/. There is information and resource links for small businesses in Wisconsin.
- Small Business Administration: Check out online at https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options. There is information and links to the CARES Act which established several new temporary programs for American workers and small businesses.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation: Check out online at https://wedc.org/programs-and-resources/covid-19-response/. There are business resource links to other state and federal programs and the Small Business Administration.
- Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection: Check out online at https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Homepage.aspx. There is a toolkit for farmers and other agricultural businesses.
Richland County Emergency Management Director, Darin Gudgeon noted that Richland County community partners are assembling a COVID-19 Recovery Team to address sort-term and long-term recovery issues, and will continue to offer additional information as it becomes available.
For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information, follow Richland County Health & Human Services on Facebook or consult the following websites:
- Richland County: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/