The Round Table Discussion Panel:
- Moderator; Ron Fruit
- Public Health Manager / Local Health Officer; Rose Kohout
- Richland County Sheriff; James Bindl
- Richland Center Police Chief; Billy Jones
Round Table Discussion is a weekly dialogue from our local officials and key individuals responding to questions about our local response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Law Enforcement (County):
- County perspective — How is this pandemic impacting local law enforcement?
- County perspective — Several different orders have been given from the Governor’s Office and State Departments, how does the Sheriff enforce these orders?
- If folks need help from the Sheriff’s Office how do we contact you? Where do I find the orders?
Law Enforcement (City):
- City perspective — How are law enforcement officers performing their duties during this time of social distancing?
- City perspective — Aside from health concerns, what types of threats are citizens facing because of this crisis?
- If folks feel they have encountered a scam, what do they do/ who do they contact?
- “Who establishes the criteria for who gets tested and who doesn’t?” (The Tier System)
- “With limited testing capabilities, some symptomatic folks are being asked to self-quarantine without receiving a test; is there an contact investigation initiated for these folks?
- “Despite the growing numbers of confirmed cases and deaths related to COVID19, their maybe a few members of the public that think this pandemic is a hoax or blown out of proportion, what is the Public Health message in response to these claims?