Richland Center, WI: Richland County Health Officer, Rose Kohout reports that “we are very saddened to announce the second COVID-related death of a Richland County resident”. Richland County would like to extend our condolences to the family, and out of respect for the individual’s confidentiality and the privacy of the resident’s family, no additional information will be provided.
Richland County Public Health continues to work with state and local partners, as well as health care providers, to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to help protect the health and safety of Richland County residents. The public should follow steps to avoid getting sick including:
- Avoid social gatherings with people of all ages;
- Frequent and thorough hand washing with soap and water;
- Use of hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Covering coughs and sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow);
- Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces;
- Not shaking hands;
- Avoiding touching your face; and
- Staying home.
If you have a COVID-19 question that you want our community partners to answer, please call Richland County Health & Human Services at 608-647-8821 and submit your question to the receptionist or email the question to email@example.com. Citizens are encouraged to check out the Richland County COVID-19 Dashboard which offers helpful data to better understand the impact of the pandemic globally and locally: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us/2020/04/21/richland-county-covid-19-dashboard/. For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information, follow Richland County Health & Human Services on Facebook or consult the following websites:
- Richland County: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/