Richland Center, WI: Richland County Emergency Management Director, Darin Gudgeon reports that Richland County community partners assembled a “Whole Community Recovery Steering Committee” to identify the economic impact of COVID-19 on Richland County families and link those affected with resources. Below you will find the local food resources available in the month of May for those in need:
- Southwestern Wisconsin Community Action Program: SWCAP is hosting a “Pop-up Food Pantry” in the following areas (schedule changes weekly):MUSCODA-Friday, May 1st from 2:00-3:00pm in the Muscoda Village Parking Lot.BOAZ-Monday, May 4th from 10am-11am in the Community Building Parking Lot.
READSTOWN-Monday, May 4th from 12pm-1pm in Tourist Park.
VIOLA-Monday, May 4th from 1:30pm-2:30pm in Banker Park.
LONE ROCK-Wednesday, May 6th from 12:30pm-2pm next to the Fire Station.
SWCAP representatives will need to collect your first and last name, city of residence and household size.
- Richland Community Food Pantry: Open Wednesday, May 6th from 4-5:30pm and every Wednesday through the pandemic. The weekly food distributions at the Lighthouse Chapel, 345 S. Cairns Ave, Richland Center parking lot will continue as a drive-through. Clients should stay in their cars while an intake person secures their full name, Richland County address, and number of members in the family. All clients should present a piece of mail that contains their name and address. A volunteer will then place the food in their vehicle. Due to heavy demand, there is a “one visit per month per family” rule.
- Lone Rock Food Pantry: Open Thursday, May 14th from 5-6pm at 222 W. Pearl Street, Lone Rock. Food will be distributed to people while they remain in their vehicles.
- Viola Food Pantry: Open Saturday, May 16th from 9:00-11:00am at 225 N. Washington Street, Viola. Food will be distributed to people while they remain in their vehicles.
- Community Food Pantry of Spring Green: By appointment only Monday, May 18th. Call (608) 459-5512 or email email@example.com to schedule your appointment time. Normal distribution times are 10:30am-12:30pm and 4:30-6pm. Food distribution can only be done by a scheduled appointment in advance; otherwise you will have to wait or come back. Serving the River Valley School District Community.
- Second Harvest Food Pantry: Open Thursday, May 21st at 3:30pm until all food is distributed and then the 3rd Thursday of each month. The monthly food distributions will be at Richland Center Fellowship, 26700 Fellowship Lane, Richland Center as a drive-through service.
FoodShare assistance may also be an option. You can apply by using the ACCESS website: www.access.wisconsin.gov or by calling 1-888-794-5556 Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 8am-4pm and Thursday 9am-4pm.
Richland County citizens over 60 years of age may request the delivery of frozen meals by contacting the Richland County Health & Human Services Senior Nutrition Program at (608) 649-5937. Other home delivered meal options for seniors include: Mom’s Meals, 1-877-508-6667, www.momsmeals.com or Homestyle Direct, 1-866-735-0921 www.homestyledirect.com.
All local school districts continue to offer meal delivery to any child 18 years of age or younger living within their district boundaries. This program is NOT INCOME BASED. It is intended to allow families the ability to receive free breakfast and lunch for any child living in their household. Please contact your school district for more information.
If you have a COVID-19 question that you want our community partners to answer, please call Richland County Health & Human Services at 608-647-8821 and submit your question to the receptionist or email the question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Citizens are encouraged to check out the Richland County COVID-19 Dashboard which offers helpful data to better understand the impact of the pandemic globally and locally: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us/2020/04/21/richland-county-covid-19-dashboard/. For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information, follow Richland County Health & Human Services on Facebook or consult the following websites:
- Richland County: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/