Richland Center, WI: A virtual Emergency Operations Center (EOC) meeting was held today to share information between Richland County officials and community partners in a joint response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Public Health Manager/Local Health Officer, Rose Kohout announced that as of 2:00pm Wednesday, September 22nd the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) confirmed that in the state of Wisconsin there were 707,084 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 7,876 COVID-19 related deaths. In Richland County, Kohout announced that there were 1,628 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 8,890 have tested negative, and there were 18 COVID-19 related deaths. Richland County Public Health now has 167 active cases and 111 individuals have been hospitalized at some point.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services reports that as of today 53.9% of Richland County residents have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and 51.3% are fully vaccinated. Richland County citizens age 65 and older who have received at least one dose totals 81%. The up-to-date COVID-19 vaccine data can be found at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-data.htm#summary.
The following updates were announced regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, testing, and booster vaccinations availability in the county:
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS & ADDITIONAL DOSES
Populations who are now “currently eligible” to receive the vaccine includes ALL WISCONSINITES 12+. Certain immunocompromised people are recommended and eligible to get an additional dose of Pfizer (ages 12+) or Moderna (ages 18+) COVID-19 vaccine following a completed series. The following partners are offering vaccine clinics in Richland County:
- The Richland Hospital and Clinic offers Walk-In COVID-19 vaccinations:
Mondays from 8am-5pm
Tuesdays from 8:30-10:30am
Fridays from 8am-5pm
Currently eligible populations will also be offered a vaccine during hospital or clinic appointments. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-6321.
- The Spring Green Medical Center and Muscoda Health Center offers Walk-In COVID-19 vaccinations and also offers vaccines during clinic appointments.
- Richland County Health & Human Services and Emergency Management offers FREE Walk-In COVID-19 vaccinations at Richland County Health & Human Services, 221 W. Seminary Street, Richland Center:
Wednesdays from 8:30am-4:30pm
To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-8821.
- The Center Pharmacy offers Walk-In COVID-19 vaccinations at their new location on Orange Street. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-8918.
Over the next few weeks we hope to have more information regarding the ability to offer COVID-19 booster vaccinations to ALL eligible populations who have already received a completed series.
The following partners are currently offering COVID-19 testing in Richland County:
- The Richland Hospital and Clinic only offers COVID-19 testing from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday to symptomatic individuals or those who have been exposed to COVID-19. Testing on Saturday-Sunday will be evaluated and performed if deemed appropriate by the Emergency Room or Urgent Care Clinic provider. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-6321.
- The Center Pharmacy/Boscobel Pharmacy only offers COVID-19 testing to asymptomatic individuals without symptoms or exposure that need a test for school, work or travel from 9-11am Monday-Friday. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-8918.
- Richland County Health & Human Services and Emergency Management will offer FREE Drive-thru COVID-19 PCR testing to anyone, regardless of symptoms or residency, and will test individuals 1 year of age or older. Pre-registration is recommended at https://register.covidconnect.wi.gov. The following schedule was announced:
|Monday, September 27th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Monday, October 4th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Monday, October 11th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Monday, October 18th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Monday, October 25th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Monday, November 1st||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Monday, November 8th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Monday, November 15th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
- The Wisconsin National Guard will offer FREE Drive-thru COVID-19 testing to anyone, regardless of symptoms or residency, at the Richland County Fairgrounds on 9/23 and 9/30 from 10am-2pm. Pre-registration is recommended at https://register.covidconnect.wi.gov.
Richland County Community Partners discussed priority topics to assist with preventing the further transmission of COVID-19 in our community. For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information, follow Richland County Health & Human Services on Facebook or consult the following websites:
- Richland County: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/