Richland Center, WI: A virtual Emergency Operations Center (EOC) meeting was held today to share information between Richland County officials and community partners in a joint response to the COVID-19 pandemic. EOC meetings will no longer be held until further notice. Public Health Manager/Local Health Officer, Rose Kohout announced that as of 2:00pm Wednesday, December 15th the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) confirmed that in the state of Wisconsin there were 928,112 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 9,489 COVID-19 related deaths. In Richland County, Kohout announced that there were 2,473 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 10,091 have tested negative, and there were 30 COVID-19 related deaths. Richland County Public Health now has 108 active cases and 188 individuals have been hospitalized at some point.
Emergency Management Director, Darin Gudgeon announced the number of individuals tested at COVID-19 community testing events held weekly at the Richland County Fairgrounds. On December 9th 25 individuals were tested and another 25 individuals were tested on December 13th. The results of those 50 tests will be included in the appropriate county’s totals once they are received and verified.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services reports that as of today 57.8% of Richland County residents 5 years and over have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and 55% are fully vaccinated. Richland County citizens age 5-11 years who have received at least one dose totals 10.7% and 6.3% have completed the series. Richland County citizens age 65 and older who have received at least one dose totals 79.2% and 77.2% have completed the series. The up-to-date COVID-19 vaccine data can be found at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-data.htm#summary.
The following updates were announced regarding COVID-19 & Influenza vaccinations and testing efforts in Richland County:
COVID-19 & INFLUENZA VACCINATIONS
The CDC & DHS recommends that anyone 16 and older receive a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine at least six months after having received their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) or Moderna vaccine. All adults are now eligible to receive booster doses, and booster doses are strongly recommended for everyone 50 and older, who are at the greatest risk for severe disease. Additional information regarding the vaccine can be found at: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine.htm. The following partners are offering vaccine clinics in Richland County:
- The Richland Hospital and Clinic offers COVID-19 and Influenza vaccinations:
Offering Pfizer and Pfizer boosters:
Monday – Friday from 9am-3pm
Offering Pfizer to kids 5-11 years:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 3:20pm-5pm
Minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian
Offering Johnson & Johnson:
Tuesdays from 8:30am-10:30am
Initial doses, booster doses, and Influenza vaccinations will be offered BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-6321.
- The Spring Green Medical Center offers COVID-19 vaccinations, Pfizer initial doses, booster doses, kid-size doses, and Influenza vaccinations BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-588-7413.
- The Muscoda Health Center offers COVID-19 vaccinations, Pfizer initial doses, booster doses, kid-size doses, and Influenza vaccinations BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-739-3113.
- The Center Pharmacy offers COVID-19 and Influenza vaccinations at 190 N. Orange Street, Richland Center EVERY DAY. Also offering Pfizer to kids 5-11 years. APPOINTMENTS PREFERRED. Walk-ins based upon supply and wait times vary depending upon staffing levels. Moderna also available for initial doses and booster doses. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-8918.
- The Boscobel Pharmacy offers COVID-19 and Influenza vaccinations at 1028 Wisconsin Avenue, Boscobel EVERY DAY. Also offering Pfizer to kids 5-11 years. APPOINTMENTS PREFERRED. Walk-ins based upon supply and wait times vary depending upon staffing levels. Moderna also available for initial doses and booster doses. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-375-4466.
- Richland County Health & Human Services and Emergency Management offers FREE COVID-19 vaccinations at Richland County Health & Human Services, 221 W. Seminary Street, Richland Center:
Wednesdays from 8:30am-4:30pm
Pfizer initial doses, booster doses, and kid-size doses will be offered. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcome for ADULTS ONLY. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED & A PARENT OR GUARDIAN NEEDS TO BE PRESENT for children age 5-17 years. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-649-5795.
The following partners are currently offering COVID-19 testing in Richland County:
- The Richland Hospital and Clinic only offers COVID-19 testing Monday-Friday to symptomatic individuals or those who have been exposed to COVID-19. Testing on Saturday-Sunday will be evaluated and performed if deemed appropriate by the Emergency Room or Urgent Care Clinic provider. APPOINTMENTS & MASKS ARE REQUIRED. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-6321.
- The Center Pharmacy/Boscobel Pharmacy only offers COVID-19 testing to asymptomatic individuals without symptoms or exposure that need a test for school, work or travel from 9-11am Monday-Friday. APPOINTMENTS & MASKS ARE REQUIRED. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-8918 or 608-375-4466.
- FREE Drive-thru COVID-19 PCR Testing to anyone, regardless of symptoms or residency. EVERYONE IN THE VEHICLE, EVEN THOSE NOT BEING TESTED, SHOULD BE WEARING A MASK. PLEASE PRE-REGISTER PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT https://register.covidconnect.wi.gov.
The following schedule was announced:
|Monday, December 20th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Thursday, December 23rd||CLOSED DUE TO THE HOLIDAY|
|Monday, December 27th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Thursday, December 30th||CLOSED DUE TO THE HOLIDAY|
|Monday, January 3rd||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Thursday, January 6th||9am-Noon||Richland County Fairgrounds||National Guard Event|
|TESTING CLOSED AT THE RICHLAND COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS|
Richland County residents are encouraged to sign-up for NIXLE alerts by texting 53581 to 888777 or go to www.nixle.com to sign-up to receive informational emails. You will then receive up-to-date alerts regarding local COVID testing sites and vaccination clinics, severe weather, public safety, criminal activities, missing persons, traffic issues, and local events.
Richland County Community Partners discussed priority topics to assist with preventing the further transmission of COVID-19 in our community. For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information, follow Richland County Health & Human Services on Facebook or consult the following websites:
- Richland County: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/