Richland Center, WI: Emergency Management Director, Darin Gudgeon announced schedule updates to the COVID-19 community testing events held weekly at the Richland County Fairgrounds on Mondays and Thursdays. Gudgeon reported “the Wisconsin National Guard Mission will not be available the last two Thursdays in December due to the holidays, but will return on January 6th from 9am-Noon for their final COVID-19 testing date in Richland County. Unfortunately, they have been reassigned elsewhere after that date. The FREE COVID-19 PCR testing offered on Mondays from 9-11am will be offered at least until January 10th.” The final testing schedule is as follows:
|Monday, December 20th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Thursday, December 23rd||CLOSED DUE TO THE HOLIDAY|
|Monday, December 27th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Thursday, December 30th||CLOSED DUE TO THE HOLIDAY|
|Monday, January 3rd||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
|Thursday, January 6th||9am-Noon||Richland County Fairgrounds||National Guard Event|
|Monday, January 10th||9-11am||Richland County Fairgrounds||Richland County Event|
Other community partners are also offering COVID-19 testing locally.
- The Richland Hospital and Clinic only offers COVID-19 testing Monday-Friday to symptomatic individuals or those who have been exposed to COVID-19. Testing on Saturday-Sunday will be evaluated and performed if deemed appropriate by the Emergency Room or Urgent Care Clinic provider. APPOINTMENTS & MASKS ARE REQUIRED. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-6321.
- The Center Pharmacy/Boscobel Pharmacy only offers COVID-19 testing to asymptomatic individuals without symptoms or exposure that need a test for school, work or travel from 9-11am Monday-Friday. APPOINTMENTS & MASKS ARE REQUIRED. To schedule an appointment, please call 608-647-8918 or 608-375-4466. Also offering over the counter antigen test kits for $15.00 each which offer results in 15 minutes.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter Pharmacy (Richland Center) only offers over the counter COVID-19 self-test kits as supplies last.
- Local School Districts offer COVID-19 testing to their students and possibly members of that student’s household. Please contact your school district office or school nurse for more information.
Richland County residents are encouraged to sign-up for NIXLE alerts by texting 53581 to 888777 or go to www.nixle.com to sign-up to receive informational emails. You will then receive up-to-date alerts regarding local COVID testing sites and vaccination clinics, severe weather, public safety, criminal activities, missing persons, traffic issues, and local events.
For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information, follow Richland County Health & Human Services on Facebook or consult the following websites:
- Richland County: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/