Richland Center, WI: Richland County Public Health is confirming the first death of a Richland County resident as a result of COVID-19. “We are very saddened by this loss and our hearts go out to the individual’s family, friends, and the community,” said Rose Kohout, Richland County Health Officer. Out of respect for the individual’s confidentiality and the privacy of the resident’s family, no additional information will be provided.
Richland County Public Health continues to work with state and local partners, as well as health care providers, to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to help protect the health and safety of Richland County residents. The public should follow steps to avoid getting sick including:
- Avoid social gatherings with people of all ages;
- Frequent and thorough hand washing with soap and water;
- Use of hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Covering coughs and sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow);
- Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces;
- Not shaking hands;
- Avoiding touching your face; and
- Staying home.
For the most up-to-date COVID-19 information, follow Richland County Health & Human Services on Facebook or consult the following websites:
- Richland County: https://covid.co.richland.wi.us
- The Greater Richland Area Chamber of Commerce: http://www.gorcchamber.com/
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/